Ten minutes prior to the arrival of my new full size mattress, boxed springs, & frame from Mattress Firm this morning, I removed the old bed to make room set up of the new one and allow me to run the vacuum sweeper where the old one sat. I put the old mattress and boxed springs out in the garage which would make it easier for the delivery men to load it on the truck.

Upon arrival the delivery men told me they could not take the old mattress and boxed springs since I had moved it out of the house. Their reason was that the old set might now be dirty, stained and it might contain bed bugs. If I had left the mattress and box springs in the bedroom they would have been "glad to take it away". Crazy isn't it?

So I called customer service. Guy said he had never heard of this, asked me to hold on while he contacted the warehouse and he would have them come back to pick it up. Waited 5 minutes on hold -- then he proceeded to tell me the same thing. That for "sanitary" reasons, they can't take the old set if it has been removed from the house.

Had I been informed of this, I would have left the mattress and box springs in the bedroom. They would have taken it away (guess I don't have bedbugs in the house -- only the garage?) He did say that I could probably contact Goodwill or the Salvation Army and maybe they would come pick it up.

I doubt if I will be heard here so I will also post this complaint on all social media as well; facebook ,etc...for all family and friends may see and forward on as well. Hopefully this will save others grief as well in the long run

Product or Service Mentioned: Mattress Firm Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Poor communication and delivery, Poor communication.

Comments

MF has never refused to take an old mattress set away unless it had obvious sanitary issues. This behavior is outrages!

I would recommend you exercise your "happiness guarantee" of returning the purchase. Return the Mattress and box in the bed bags and then receive a full refund. You can stop by most any store and receive complementary bed bags.

If you have MF pick up the return, they will charge you a $79 delivery fee. Stay away from this MF (can you imagine what "MF" stands for?)