2.1
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

May 21, 2019 I went to Mattress Firm in San Marcos and told the salesman that we needed a short adjustable bed for my mother who is turning 88 years old. I looked and sat on a twin bed which was very comfortable and secure.

The salesman talked me into getting a mattress for the twin adjustable bed that was on sale, so I thought great, save my mother money. They did not have a sample of the actual bed base or a mattress on that type of bed in their display store. I've never bought one before.

The manager processed the sale which came to $1,396.40. For an 88 year old this is a lot of money.

They delivered the bed to the Assisted Living Facility that my mother moved to. My sister and I looked at the bed and the minute we tried to make the bed the mattress slipped. When you make the head and leg go up there is a gap in the bed. The mattress is light as a feather and does not stay on the bed.

There is no security for a mattress to stay on the bed. If my mother were to keep this she would end up falling. There is a no return policy for the base. I think this is ridiculous since I thought it would be as secure as the twin bed I sat on.

My mothers adjustable full bed is very secure and heavy.

The only thing they would let us return is the mattress. WE would like to return it all, and understand if we need to pay a return fee of some sort.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Were not willing to help us return the base and mattress.

Comments

Since Mattress Firm’s salesperson led you to believe that you would be getting a comparable mattress to the one you sampled, they should understand that this is not acceptable. Especially since your mother is frail and in a facility.

I am planning to purchase new beds for my home but you can bet it won’t be from a business that baits and switches the products they sell. You should also contact the Attorney General’s office as well as Better Business Bureau and Yelp.