5071 Transit Rd, Depew, NY 14043, USA
1.9
Style and Design

I am writing this review to warn about buying from Mattress Firm. They do not stand behind their products or there 120 night love your mattress guarantee. Sure, all the comments on their website are positive as they screen them and will not allow any negative comments. We tried to submit a review. So, I advise you to search reviews on other sites that do not screen comments. People are always great when selling you something and making a commission. A true person is shown when things don’t go as expected. There are multiple stories just like mine on several web sites about Mattress Firm. When we went into the store on Transit rd. in Lancaster NY. the Sales people Debbie & Anthony answered all our questions and were good sales people, as we purchased an adjustable frame and a hybrid mattress at the price of $5000. We asked a lot of questions as $5000 is a lot of money for a mattress. but where advised if it didn’t work out we could exchange or return with in 120 days. They have huge signs in the windows and all over store that state 120-night trial and love your mattress guarantee. And we even spoke about the 120 guarantee with Anthony.

Come to the delivery, I called the day prior to confirm as no one contacted me, however the delivery guys showed up on time, took away our old mattress and box spring, set up our new bed and were really nice. And that is where the positive actions of mattress firm end.

The first night sleeping in our new bed, It was so hard I felt like I was sleeping on a cement floor, however I remember Debbie advising the mattress will be hard for the first weeks and to give it at least 30 days. So, we did. During the 30 days, I could not sleep, I could not get comfortable, I woke up with back pain everyday,(never had any previous back problems) as the bed remained hard as a rock, even though we ordered the medium firmness mattress. But we did as asked, and waited it out for 30 days and could not take it anymore. I was convinced they brought us the wrong mattress as the one in the store was wonderful and soft. So, my husband and I go back to Mattress firm where we purchased the bed exactly 30 days prior. There was a gentleman there who we explained the issues to and he advised us we had to speak with Debbie as she was our sales person and refused to help us. Seemed odd as any employee should be able to do an exchange or return. So he called Debbie who was working at the Niagara Falls Blvd store, while we were there and stated only Debbie could assist us. While we were there we did take pictures of the tag on the bed in the store so we could verify we received the correct mattress, we did.. So we go home, read comments online about softening the bed, we tried walking on it as the website advises and had my husband who is heavier than me, lay on my side while watching tv, wait a few more weeks hoping for the bed to soften, To no avail, the bed is still hard as a rock. Still having no response from Debbie, We now decide we no longer want an exchange we want to return and take our business else where. So we go onto mattress frim web site and print 120 day guarantee policy, which states we could do a return or exchange with in 120 days as long as we waited the 30 day minimum, minus a restocking fee of 10% up to $250 . So we call mattress firm and ask for Debbie to make sure she was there prior to driving over, we did not state who we were. We were advised she was not in, then my husband asked for the manager, he stated he was the manager Bill and we advised we were coming in to discuss our bed. We get into the car and 3 minutes later don’t you know, Debbie finally calls us (store must have caller id). She advised us she needs to speak to Dave (no idea who that is) and begs us to wait until Monday when she would call us back with a resolution. So Monday comes, Debbie calls and advised me there is nothing they are going to do for us, no return, no exchange nothing. She asks in a snide way ”really how bad is it?’, I advise again how I have had back pain every day since we got the new bed, Debbie was argumentative the entire conversation (which thankfully I recorded, as in NY only one party has to agree) and she just kept telling me they would not do any return or exchange, too bad so sad for us. I advised that they have to return as they have signs all over stating 120 day guarantee and there web site even states I can return. I advise that is false advertisement, Debbie tells me she told us that there would be no returns or exchanges. I advised that is not the case, she told us nothing of the sorts and Anthony actually spoke to us about the 120 day guarantee when we questioned it. We would never have spent $5000 on a bed we laid on for 10 minutes if we would have been told no returns or exchanges, I don’t think anybody would. That is why they have signs all over stating 120 day guarantee. Debbie also goes on to telling me it says so on the receipt. I advise I have my receipt here and it says nothing about any return or exchange etc. she was like there are 2 receipts, I state yes I have them both right here, and neither state anything about policy, but Debbie just continues to state the same thing over and over which are complete lies and saying anything she can to avoid honoring the stores policy.

So now we are out $5000 and have 2 options, sleep on the floor as they took away our old mattress and box spring or continue to sleep on the bed which is causing back problems, while we await resolution, as I have contacted the BBB and Attorney Generals Office. And in the interim continue to spend more money as I have had to make my first chiropractor apt due back pain caused by the bed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mattress Firm Manager.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Delivery was good that is about it.

I didn't like: Mattress firm will not honor their 120 night sleep guarantee.

Comments

Call the customer service line listed on the website and write a letter to the CEO Steve Stagner. You might also contact your local TV investigative reporter.

They love reporting on this kind of NEWS on abusive retailers. Debbie might be turned into a Mattress Firm TV celebrity spokes person.