2.4
Style and Design

Update by user Jul 18

The mattress was removed from my home and the odor is dissipating. I did not have faith in the company to send another mattress and receive another defective one, then have to wait for them to pick it up and charge me.

They offered to send someone out to "inspect" the mattress; but failed to tell me it would be a $79 fee. I do not like this business' business model as far as their return policy. Especially when I am returning #2 defective mattresses.

Now I a stuck with an expensive bed base for a mattress size I will have to purchase when I have two other mattresses here. Sad.

Original review posted by user Jul 17

I purchased a queen dream bed lux with adjustable base. The first mattress I received had a defect in the foam leaving a ripple in the mattress.

Actually, there was a line on the mattress cover right where the ripple was leaving me to believe it was a reject having made its way though. I sent pictures to my sales rep and he arranged for a replacement. *I will mention here as it is applicable to the second mattress - there was no odor (off gassing) with this mattress. The second mattress was delivered feeling moist on the mattress cover.

There was a horrible odor so I left the mattress to air, literally opening my MBR window in 90+ heat and running my IQAir filter right beside the bed. I left town for two days and a night and on my return the smell was just as bad. I reported this to the sales rep and asked for the mattress to be removed from my home for health concerns. Since I couldn't see forward to accepting another mattress, I elected to return the mattress only to find out the base was non-refundable.

The sales rep told me he disclosed this to me; but he was new and I say he did not. Now, I am stuck paying a restocking fee and taxes, not to mention I own the base and must find a mattress that isn't going to hurt me. I a very disappointed in that I have been made to feel it is I who have the issue and not Mattress Firm who has sent me two defective products. The sales rep offered to have a representative come out and "check" the smelly mattress; but I declined in that smell is subjective and I felt they would deny smelling anything.

I found out later that would have incurred an additional fee of $79.00. Another amount of money I would be charged with no assurance they would stand beside their product. What began as a great experience in the showroom has turned out to be a health & financial nightmare for me. Word of caution when purchasing from Mattress Firm and using their 0% interest payment plan.

You will have no recourse to their predatory & strict no refund policy along with the 180 day trial which will cost you 10% up to $250 to return the mattress regardless of fault. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere, IMO.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mattress.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Initial customer service.

I didn't like: Product warranty return quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 17.

Comments