Mattress Firm Sells CAT HAIR COVERED USED BEDS as NEW
We finally decided to upgrade our bed and were willing to spend decent money on a good one. We went to:
Mattress Firm Westheimer
in front of Randall's
2071 Westheimer Ste C
Houston, TX 77098
Our salesman was BOB and the manager is AMIR.
So we finally decided to go with the Tempurpedic Supreme Cloud with a total price tag of $3200. Not cheap by any means. We get the bed delivered at night so our bedroom is only lit by our end table lamps and is a bit dim. The delivery guys take it out of plastic and so you assume it's new. We were tired and put the sheets on. Luckily, I was not satisfied with the box spring. It was huge and made our bed look monstrous, so we called and they said they would deliver a smaller size. I undid the bed (we had only had it for 48 hours) and lo and behold, in the bright sunlight, I could see pilling on the mattress and then discovered cat hairs! We don't own any pets! I knew that pilling only should happen after heavy use. I went to look at the mattress tag and sure enough, underneath it is a bright yellow sticker which in part read: SECONDHAND (USED) ARTICLE! It even came from another company, Mattress Giant.
Bob made a big deal about how Mattress Firm is not like those "other guys" (Mattress Giant) and do things the right way. When my husband went to the store, the manager told him that Mattress Firm purchased Mattress Giant. What a big SCAM!
I am so disgusted that I slept on a USED mattress with cat hairs! I am highly allergic to cats! And not to mention that there could have been bed bugs dragged into my house. And for $3200!!! It's not like we bought a $99 queen set.
I will NEVER step foot in one of these places again and will tell this tale to anyone looking to buy a new bed. BUYER BEWARE! There are bad people out there waiting to take your hard earned money and stick it to you!!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Tempurpedic Supreme Cloud
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "The 4 month old Sealy mattress from MATTRESS FIRM is sagging on one side like it is 10 years old. No help with warranty. MATTRESS FIRM makes it..."
- "This is how my pillow looked after just six months......I washed it after 3 weeks and the case never came clean....The fillings started to unravel inside....I felt it getting smaller..."
- "Please don't buy the Sundvik Crib from IKEA - SUNDVIK crib review I LOVE(D) IKEA. But now I am having serious doubts. We purchased the Sundvik Crib last..."
- "Think carefully prior to spending your money online with this company. The dress I ordered online appeared to be a beautiful emerald green, yet the dress I received was..."
- "Hairsisters is a corrupt company. They sent me a wig in a color I did not order. A simple fix, right? No, after sending them photos they..."
- "Lost prevention beat down a customer inside the store accusing of stealing wich is all bull other wise they would it press charges isn't that weird?..."
- "Even though I bought an extended warranty. Hudson's won't cover me after the leather started to peel off like the cheap leather jacket I bought at the outlet store. Never..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."