Overland Park, Kansas
Featured 100% full Not resolved

I can't believe how soon the mattress I bought less than 6 months ago has collapsed and sunk in where our bodies rest at night.This mattress cost over $600, and should not have given in like this so soon.

Our prior mattress cost half as much, and lasted over 8 years, and still slept better than this has! The condition actually started as soon as 60 days after delivery.

The salesman that handled the sale was excellent, and has assured us that we would be able to get the Happiness guaranted through the Warranty process.However, I had mailed the paperwork on 11/20/15, and as of today, 12/08/15, I have not received any contact from anyone.

Review about: Mattress Firm Warranty.

Reason of review: Bad quality and warranty issue.

I liked: Courtesy and friendliness of original salesman, Great attitude during the purchase, Person who sold me the bed.

I didn't like: Way the mattress stood up to sleeping on it, Condition of new mattress, Being ripped off.

Had an Experience with Mattress Firm?

Comments

Warranty claims can take 4 to 6 weeks. Rather than being a passive aggressive, call Mattress Firms customer service warranty number and receive an update and verify the accuracy of your contact information and claim.

Spring, Texas, United States #1214612

Maybe we need to contact a lawyer and get a class action suit started against Mattress Firm.

to Anonymous #1313624

NOTICE: - UPDATE DECEMBER 10, 2008

Consumer complaints were taken for possible Class Action Lawsuits against mattress companies for not honoring their warranties.This information collected from consumers was forwarded to a Washington D.C.

based Consumer Attorney for possible litigation. Click on the link below for the result of these submissions with resulted in an out of Court Settlement with National Bedding Company, a.k.a. Serta Mattresses.

Out of Court Settlement with Serta Mattresses

A DL DEWEY Exclusive - BREAKING NEWS - May 26, 2008

In Depth Special ReportReport

Serta Sued Over Bogus Denial of Bed Warranties A Class Action Lawsuit was been filed in Federal U.S. Court against Serta Bed Corporation in Chicago, Illinois, May 13, 2008.

Serta International responded to an increase in warranty claims for sagging mattresses by imposing an "inspection fee" to "investigate" the complaints, and enforcing vague exclusions for mattresses that have "a stain" or are "unsanitary," a class action claims in Federal Court. Plaintiffs have stated that, "Serta has experienced a dramatic rise in the number of warranty claims during the last 10 years. This increase is likely due to Serta and the industry's general shift towards 'pillow top' mattresses, which are more prone to sagging, sinking and body impressions." The Plantiff's claim Serta imposed its illegal "inspection fee," which was not mentioned at point of sale, to recoup...

Under the Defendant's rubric, once a mattress has been used for even one night,it can be considered unsanitary. As a matter of fact, a mattress does not even have to have a stain to be unsanitary, as demonstrated by several recent news reports and exposes have demonstrated that, under a black light, a mattress with no apparent stain can often contain bacteria, mold,spores and a multitude of micro-organisms. Serta does not disclose the broad applicability of this exception in any manner whatsoever. One plaintiff claims that "the alleged 'stain'" on his mattress "consisted of red fibers left by his red flannel sheets and did not related to thedefect in his bed." Plaintiffs demand disgorgement and compensatory damages for consumer fraud and breach of contract.

They are represented by Edward Wallace and Wexler Toriseva Wallace .

If you are a consumer that owns a bed made by Sealy or any other bed manufacturer that demanded an inspection, or who were required to pay an inspection fee that is no where expressed in the warranty; and/or the inspection revealed a defect in the bed, but the warranty claim was denied because of a stain or unsanitary condition on the mattress, please submit a Defective Bed Submission Form.These will be forwarded to the attornies.

to Anonymous #1313625

You may have more success than you think.