Mattress Firm - Mercedes Prices, Ford Customer Service, with a worthless Hyundai warranty
I purchased a 2899 mattress to replaced my memory foam that had reached 8 yrs.I also bought an adjustable platform 1700.
The delivery people were late delivering the first time. The platform came broken on 8 areas and had a noisy motor. Had the platform exchanged. The pillows and the new mattress gave me severe neck and back pain.
Tried to get an exchange, that was murder. The store said corporate had to do it, corp said it was the store. It took 9 people including district mgrs etc to finally agree to pick up the mattress almost 2 weeks later. I was disgusted by how difficult it was to deal with this company and the return/exchange policies in place.
They advertise 100% money back if not satisfied they just dont tell you, you have to jump through hoops and draw blood to get it. I was going to exchange the mattress for another on line through the same company but decided its not worth the headache. Word of advise, once you exchange once you cant do it again so I wasnt going to risk receiving a mattress that may not work and being stuck with it, since it was an online order. I requested my mattress be picked up on the day they were delivering my new one from a different company and manufacturer and they still got that wrong.
The confirmed over email and then the driver call me the day before that he was 15 mins away. Lord I thought I was in a nightmare that would not end. I had to get on the phone again with the store to have them send another truck the following day which was when the other mattress was being delivered. They lost my business for good.
In addition the 90 day no credit check is basically useless, might as well use cash on the day of purchase. They just divide your total into 3 months, so my 4400 total would have been 3 payments of 1466. I opened a credit card with them instead, they gave me a large line of credit double what I requested which I wont be using since, you cant use it for online purchases just in stores and you have to purchase over 400.00 at a time in the store to use it anyhow. So if you wanted to just buy a pillow and pillow cases thats not enough to use the card, its ridiculous.
Have you ever heard of such a department store card? Or maybe its because its issued through Wells Fargo? In any case I ordered 2 new pillows that will work, unlike the once recommended at the store and purchased another mattress from a different online company with monthly payments and no hassle.
I only kept the adjustable platform.So like my title said they have Mercedes priced items but treat you like you just purchased a ford focus from 1980 and their lengthy warranties similar to those given by Korean car mfgs are worthless in the end because just like the car you wont be keeping this for long either.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Refund policy
- Poor communication and delivery
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- change the return policies, empower employees, mgrs etc so that no wheels need to be spun and a customer isnt waiting to 2 weeks to get a resolution.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Queen Size Mattress Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "On the date of 10/24/11I purchased a living room set from Ashley Furniture .The set consisted of ,A couch and love seat, 2 end tables ,one soft table.I thought..."
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- "Please don't buy in this Store, they just sell used things ok, i buy a pair of shoes on last week before christmas and i get used and dirt shoes..."
- "Recent I have a dryer from lowes for remodeling reason don't install the unit for couple of weeks, only worked for a week after installation, returned to store and they..."
- "I have been a client of Online Services IDM for almost 6 years and they have tremendously helped to grow my business. I got more people calling and emailing me..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."
- " I purchased a puppy from Petland South Semoran in October 2016. I paid 2,400 Needless to say I fell in love with my puppy the moment I saw him. So..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."